top of page

Top Talent Pass Program

Recommendation Index: 5*

Residence requirements: None at present

Processing cycle: 2-3 months

Type of status: Hong Kong resident status

Investment Type: No investment required

Project Introduction

The Hong Kong Top Talent Pass Scheme, known as the "Quality Migrant Admission Scheme", aims to attract top talent with extensive working experience and high academic qualifications from around the world to explore opportunities in Hong Kong. These talents include high-income earners and graduates of the world's top universities.

  • You do not need to have secured employment or established a business in Hong Kong at the time of application

  • No restrictions on industry or profession

  • Spouse and unmarried children under 18 years of age can come to Hong Kong together with one person

  • No restrictions on spouse's employment and children can come to Hong Kong to study

  • Enjoy the same medical, educational and other benefits as local residents

Project Advantages

Application requirements

  • Applicant is 18 years of age or older at the time of application submission
    No security reasons for rejecting the application and no known serious criminal record
    Annual income of HK$2.5 million or more in the year immediately preceding the application; or
    A bachelor's degree from one of the top 100 universities in the world and at least three years of work experience in the five years immediately preceding the application; or
    A Bachelor's degree from one of the top 100 universities in the world with less than three years of work experience (subject to annual quota) in the five years immediately preceding the application

1.Free consultation

2. Signing of the commissioning contract

3. Submit an application

6. Apply for Hong Kong Resident Identity Card

5. Receive an entry visa

4. Receive formal approval


7.Work in Hong Kong/Establish business

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What documents are required to prove that the applicant has earned HK$2.5 million or more in the past year?
A: You can submit a notice of assessment for salaries tax for the previous year of assessment issued by the local authority (e.g. tax office or tax department), a document certifying the value of stock options issued by the applicant's employing company, and a document certifying the financial status of the company owned by the applicant (e.g. the latest audited financial report, operating profit and loss account or profits tax return, etc.).

Q: If a Bachelor's degree programme is jointly offered by two universities, is it eligible to apply for the "Highly Qualified Persons Scheme"?
A: For joint programmes, applicants are only eligible to apply if all the relevant awarding institutions/universities on their graduation certificates are among the "Top 100 Global Universities".

Q: What documents do I need to submit when applying for the extension of stay under the Talent Access Program?
A: At the time of application, the applicant must be employed in a job that is normally held by a degree holder, or a person with good professional/technical qualifications, proven professional competence and/or documented experience and achievements, and the remuneration package of the job must be at market level.

Applicants who have established or are involved in any business in the HKSAR will be required to produce documentary proof of their business.

bottom of page